GUARDIAN™ & NovaGARD™
The idea presiding over the development of GUARDIAN™ and NovaGARD™ systems is the need for multifactorial food safety and food preservation solutions combining and optimizing known synergies between antimicrobials to control the growth of microorganisms in foods, especially Gram-positive pathogens.
GUARDIAN™ NR systems are patented and complete natural solutions based on the synergy between nisin and rosemary extract. Nisin activity is further enhanced by the synergistic effect of a deodorized natural antioxidant such as rosemary extract that increases the ability of GUARDIAN™ systems to kill Gram-positive bacteria and control their growth. Rosemary extract delays the oxidative rancidity of fats and preserves the freshness of the foodstuff.
NovaGARD™ systems are complete systems combining antimicrobials and known chemicals such as organic acids and their salts, which also increase their ability to kill Gram-positive bacteria and control their growth.
The key benefits for customers and end consumers of using GUARDIAN™ and NovaGARD™ systems are:
- Replacement of chemical preservatives by a natural and safe solution
- Food safety improvement by killing and/or delaying growth of Gram-positive pathogens
- Label-friendly solution
- Little or no influence on taste, flavor and color of foods
- Shelf life extension or maintenance by delaying Gram-positive spoilage growth
- Maintenance of freshness during shelf life by reducing fat oxidation with GUARDIAN™
- More flexible formulation and expanded market areas due to maintenance of packaged freshness
- Soups, sauces
- Cooked sausages
- Salad dressings
- Deli salads
Contact us to help you to choose the best adapted antimicrobial system.