Archive for the ‘Product News’ Category
We offer a broad range of emulsifier options made from natural raw materials, such as glycerol and organic acids. Here are some of the many essential functions emulsifiers can provide for your food products:
- Stabilizing emulsions
- Extending shelf life
- Overcoming raw material variations
- Securing the right mouthfeel and product appearance
Click here to read more about what emulsifiers can do for your product!
With its many health and functional benefits, we recommend adding Inulin to enrich your products!
Get creative and use Inulin across a broad range of foods including dairy products, dressings and spreads, confections, beverages, cereals, supplement bars and bakery products.
Functions and benefits of Inulin:
- Soluble dietary fiber
- Low calorie bulking agent
- Sugar replacement
- Fat replacement
- Enhanced calcium absorption
- Prebiotic and bifidus promoter
- Texture, mouth feel and spread enhancement
Extend the shelf life of baked goods through starch complexing, and give baked and snack products the necessary functionality, without the trans fat, using one of our many emulsifier options. Whatever your application, we have the right emulsifier for you!
- - Bread manufacturers can improve their production through improved dough handling by using emulsifiers which interact with the gluten network
- - Emulsifiers stabilize the emulsion in low-fat spreads providing the right stability and mouthfeel and reduce spattering in frying margarine
- - Low-viscosity emulsifiers enable the use of precision liquid dosing systems in modern, highly automated industrial bakeries
- - Confectionery manufacturers can improve the cost efficiency of their production of chocolate and chocolate compounds by using emulsifiers to control the viscosity and thereby the loss of product during handling
“Non-GMO Month was created by the Non-GMO Project in 2010 as a platform for raising awareness on the GMO issue. Citizens and organizations across North America are waking up to the failure of GMO technology, and discovering the risks GMOs pose to our health, our families, and our planet.
Non-GMO Month is an opportunity to coordinate our voices and our actions, so that we can stand up loudly and clearly for our right to know what’s in our food, and to choose non-GMO.” -Non-GMO Project
Congratulations to our many customers who are participating in Non-GMO month. (Click here to view participants)
Yes, there is a solution to creating the ultimate tortilla with increased flexibility, reduced stickiness, and longer shelf life! A blend of advanced emulsifier, hydrocolloid, and enzyme technology make POWERFlex™ a must have in your tortillas.
The anit-staling G4 amylase enzyme in POWERFlex™ keeps tortillas fresh, foldable and eliminates dry edges. This enzyme also increases shelf life… and your profitability! Highly functional emulsifiers are included in the mix to provide tolerance during processing, and improve dough strength.
Check out POWERFlex™ now!
Maltitol is a type of sugar alcohol, (it does not actually contain alcohol) which is a reduced-calorie sweetener and common substitute for regular sugar. There are many benefits to adding maltitol to your frozen desserts, confections, snack foods and baked goods.
Dulcaden™ Maltitol Syrup enables you to claim:
- - Reduced calorie
- - Sugar-free
- - Reduced glycemic load
- - No sugar added
- - Suitable for diabetics
According to the American Diabetes Association, maltitol can be a great low calorie option.
Even though sugar alcohols are made from different types of sugar and starch, they usually have about half the calories. So, they may be helpful in weight management if someone is trying to cut down on calories. They also have a much smaller effect on blood glucose levels so they may help with diabetes management when they replace sugar or starch. (www.diabetes.org)
Flaxseed is packed with powerful antioxidants and an abundance of essential Omega-3 fatty acids that deliver the nutritional and functional requirements your application demands. Our unique, organic and natural flaxseed selection provides many trans fat-free, gluten-free and kosher certified options for your food, beverage and supplement products.
Buyer beware, not all flaxseed is created equal! Glanbia’s flaxseed has been selected with patented methods to ensure superior color, uniformity and flavor. Proprietary technology is then used to process the flaxseed, which protects its integrity during all stages of production. The result is a superior flaxseed that remains stable under a wide variety of food processing conditions for up to two years after the milling of the seed.
Use flaxseed to add valuable health benefits and functional qualities to your products. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- - Replace Xanthan Gum with a 100% natural alternative from our OptiSol line of flaxseed products.
- - Retain moisture, reduce the rate of staling, and increase the yield in baked goods.
- - Increase flexibility, eliminate cracking, and reduce the rate of staling in tortillas.
- - Add flaxseed to snack bars, cereals, frozen waffles, pizza dough and beverages to increase your fiber and protein claim.
Please contact us for more information about getting started with Glanbia’s premium flaxseed ingredients, and look out for additional product information coming soon to our website!
The world faces unprecedented challenges associated with the projected population growth from 6.8 billion to 9 billion people by 2050. How we address the demand for food availability, energy efficiency, reduced CO2 emissions and better health & nutrition will be critical to the future of our industry, the world population and the planet.
For Danisco, sustainability is about finding innovative solutions that provide lasting benefits to society, today and tomorrow. They see these challenges as an opportunity for our industry to make a positive difference in the way we source raw materials and produce products.
XIVIA™ is the new Danisco brand of sustainable xylitol – a naturally occurring sweetener derived from wood pulp. In a recent independent study, XIVIA™ emerged as the most sustainable xylitol with the lowest carbon footprint.
XIVIA™ is as sweet as sugar with less than 40% of the calories and a low glycaemic index. All grades of XIVIA™ are derived from non-genetically modified raw material sources and no genetically modified organisms are used at any stage during the manufacturing process. Use it in numerous applications for:
- a clean sweetness free of any unpleasant aftertaste
- masking the bitterness of certain active ingredients
- compensating for sweetness lost in high intensity sweetener systems
- an intense cooling effect – when applied in its crystalline form
- protect against plaque in dental care products and chewing gum
Having organic cocoa supply issues? Gillco can help!
We currently have inventory of Cargill’s Organic Cocoa Powder and we have more on the way from France.
For additional product information, be sure to see our web site: http://www.gillco.com/pr_cocoa-powder.php.
To place an order, please call us at 800-525-9732.